It's that time again! I am pretty much out of commission for a while due to essays and exams - always am, this time of year - so no games, no comics.
I am sure all nine of you are upset.
In the meantime, here's a filler comic about an old game of mine. Slightly better context: This is a campaign the players dubbed "Fiendbusters", about living in a Lawful Good theocracy and hunting and slaying devils and demons and such. One guy (frenzied berserker) cuts the arm off a fiend and insists that he should thus get a massive discount on a fiendish graft which will up his damage because it's "awesome"; the graft would have to be done in a nearby evil magocracy which is firmly opposed to the theocracy they work in. The other players objected and he seemed genuinely surprised that what they thought mattered. (Then again, he did spend a lot of time telling them how he could kill the party with his Leap Attacking berserker, and his proposed solution to paladin-types they associated with objecting to the idea was killing them.) The answer, of course, was 'no'.
The hellbred is a story for another time.
I've sort-of typed up some proper blog posts already, but I tend to reject them a lot. I mean, this is mostly just for fun - I'd still be just posting comics regularly on /tg/ if a) I wasn't convinced by pals this was an okay idea b) I didn't take a months-long hiatus when 4E came out due to the trolls and 4E White Knights tearing apart the place - but if I just wrote pages of "DURR... DURR..." I would be getting "geez, die with dignity already!" comments.
The following is an incomplete list of post topics I've rejected over the months.
- A sequel to “Elves elves elves” in which I wonder what the deal is with crying about the “sissy” generic elves and then ranting about how awesome playing Beardaxe McAxebeard the bearded beer-drinking dwarf fighter is, then imply those who think so are closet homosexuals (we all know this already)
- A post about people who play evil characters and/or try to control/sabotage/backstab the party in which I wonder how ruining the game for everyone else for fun is supposed to be awesome (the day I wrote this up a much better discussion popped up on a forum)
- An in-depth discussion with graphs and charts on implementing Darwinian evolution and population dynamics in a magical environment (even I fell asleep)
- A philosophical treatise on the ethics and morals involved in using the polymorph any object spell to transform inanimate objects into humans and vice-versa (I couldn’t avoid making a transformation fetish or TG joke. Thanks, 4chan!)
- Statblocks for creatures I have created or would like to create (pending my actually getting off my ass and statting them, or at least the Living Power Word: Disco)
- A post describing my usual campaign setting (is becoming a post about how my usual campaign setting is annoying me, since I would like it to be more unique but have trouble retconning)
- A post describing my steampunk campaign setting (words words words, who cares)
- A post pitching a bunch of other campaign setting ideas I have (the two most fleshed out being basically “grimndark McDonald's” and the other being “Rock-Paper-Scissors is serious business”. Yeah.)
- Statting Pokemon d20 (Mewtwo is too broken)
- Why I’m Too Lazy To Run 4th Edition (Why would I want the black-and-white knights here?)
- Something sarcastic and trollish about social diseases (Bolt tells me I should find something better to do with my free time)
- Making fun of OotS even though I like it (Rich Burlew scares me)
- Making fun of Erfworld which I like but not as much (See previous)
- A post about how lazy I am (I couldn’t be bothered finishing it)
- Revealing where the title “CR 25 Hypermitotic Dungeon Master” comes from (IT IS A MYSTERY)
- Posting all the requests several people are entitled to make for that bard thing (maybe if you made any)
- A post about how much I hate kender (THERE ARE NO WORDS)